Sunday, December 14, 2014

Healthy gingerbread spelt flour cookies



I just cannot wait! Christmas time is here and I want to feel it in my home too. What coud be better than a smell of Christmas cookies baking in the oven? I love it. But this year, I want to make my Christmas a little bit healthier. That is why I decided to use spelt flour for my gingerbread cookies. Did you know that spelt flour is very healthy and it warms up your body? It tastes by nuts, which makes it a perfect flour for winter baking. My recipe is very easy to make so do not hesitate to try it even if you have no experience with holiday baking so far. 

Ingredients:

200g spelt flour
6 tlbsp honey
1-2 tlbsp gingerbread seasoning
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
+ egg beaten (to brush cookies)


Directions:

1. In the large bowl, mix together flour, seasoning and baking powder. 
2. Add honey, egg and stir it untill all ingredients connect. Use your hands to knead it.
3. Put  dough into fridge to set for at least one hour.
4. After one hour take it out and roll it to 4 mm.
5. Cut out cookies using gingerbread cutler and place them on the pan covered with baking sheet.
6. Brush them with the beaten egg.
7. Bake on 200°C for 5-6 minutes.
8. Store in the can with slice of apple - it helps to keep gingerbread cookies soft. I also added one cinnamon stick into can, to make their aroma stronger.



No comments:

Post a Comment